Call or Text:
We Provide Peaceful in Home Pet Euthanasia at your Comfort Home.
Certainly, the decision to euthanize a beloved fur baby is one of the most heart breaking decisions pet lovers have to make.
Home Euthanasia has some benefits that you don’t need to stress your fur baby by travelling, but your pet gets to stay at their own comfortable familiar surroundings. In home Euthanasia, the whole process and grieving can be done in the privacy of your home.
The Euthanasia Procedure.
You will have an awareness of what will happen during this procedure. This will help make the process easier for you.
I will ask you to sign a consent form. this document is important to give your legal permission for me to carry out the euthanasia procedure.
Steps for Euthanasia Procedure:
To enable the euthanasia process to be as peaceful as possible, This allows your pet to gently fall asleep and prevents any distress from the noise of clippers, placement IV cannula or being held by anyone other than you for the euthanasia injection.
• Clipping and Cannulas.
Once the area has been shaved, it is cleaned with a cotton wool swab and an intravenous cannula (a tube which is inserted into the vein and secured using skin tape) is put in to allow a secure channel for injection.
• The Euthanasia Injection.
The euthanasia solution is called pentobarbital which is a barbiturate anaesthetic. This is usually a coloured solution, The pet will be given a concentrated overdose of the anaesthetic so that they peacefully fall asleep and then pass away. This usually happens quite quickly, often in less than a minute, and many owners are surprised by this. The injection is not painful.
Before I gives the injection, I will usually ask you if you are ready, and then if you wish to, you can usually hold your pet’s head, paw or body in the final moments as he or she passes away.
Most owners wish to see their pet’s eyes close but this doesn’t happen in animals; eyes remain open even after they have passed away.
Spending time with your pet afterwards is usually possible.
Following your pet’s death you may wish to take a lock of hair as a memento. Don’t be afraid to ask for the vet to do this for you – it’s a very common request.
We Provide In Home Dog and Cat Euthanasia in Toronto and GTA
If you have chosen to have your pet cremated, I will arrange this for you with Gateway Pet Memorial.
Home pet euthanasia can offer several benefits for both the pet and their owner. Here are some of the most significant benefits:
- Comfortable and Familiar Environment: One of the biggest benefits of home pet euthanasia is that it allows pets to pass away in the comfort of their own home, surrounded by familiar sights, sounds, and smells. This can reduce their stress and anxiety during their last moments, which can make the process more peaceful and dignified.
- Reduced Stress for the Owner: For many pet owners, the decision to euthanize their beloved pet is incredibly difficult and emotional. Having the option to do so at home can help reduce the stress and anxiety associated with taking their pet to an unfamiliar environment, such as a veterinary clinic.
- More Control Over the Process: In a home setting, the pet owner has more control over the process of euthanasia. They can choose the timing, the setting, and who is present during the process. This can help the owner feel more comfortable and in control of the situation.
- More Time for Goodbyes: When euthanasia is performed at home, the owner has more time to say goodbye to their pet and to grieve in their own time. This can help with the grieving process and provide some comfort during a difficult time.
- Increased Privacy: Some pet owners prefer to keep their pet’s passing private, which can be difficult in a public setting such as a veterinary clinic. With home pet euthanasia, the process can be performed in the privacy of the owner’s home.
Overall, home pet euthanasia can provide a more peaceful, dignified, and personalized end-of-life experience for pets and their owners.